Hey, folks! It's Chrissy. This blog is a selfish one. Meaning, I'm writing it primarily as a way to motivate myself to never stop searching the Gospel and learning new things. However, if anyone would like to drop in and see if they can learn from my insights, you're more than welcome!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blessing #9: Opportunities to Reflect

I'm grateful that the Lord is so aware of how much I need reminding, and I'm grateful for the opportunities He is constantly giving me to reflect and remember what I know. Seeing as it is Easter Sunday, today is one such opportunity. I love Easter, and this day has come to mean so much to me over the years. It is an annual reminder to me and the world of the atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ. And if I may, I'd like to share with you what I have been reminded of as I've taken the time to reflect throughout this week:

Christ is the Creator of my world, of all that I know. He is my older brother and selfless friend. He is my perfect example to follow, and my guide in difficult times as well as in times of joy. He understands me perfectly,and wants me to be happy. I want to live my life in a way that makes Him smile, and I take comfort in knowing that He mourns and rejoices with me.
I know that He is real, that He did truly walk on this Earth as the Son of God. I know that it is only by the atonement, when He condescended from the presence of Heavenly Father as a mortal being, that we can live after this life. He is the only being that, though perfect, will have scars on His resurrected body, scars that He received for us, while we, as imperfect beings, will have perfected bodies after the resurrection.
I know that He has faith in me to do what He has asked me to do for Him and for my own progression, as well as for the benefit of my brothers and sisters. Unlike Satan, who has doubted my abilities from the very beginning, Jesus Christ knows that I am capable of returning, in exaltation, to Him and my Heavenly Father. I know that I am very blessed because of this understanding, and there is a lot that is expected of me because of it. 
I know that I cannot fulfill my mortal mission without Him, and I know that I have no hope of redemption, of eternal life, true joy, success, or an eternal family without Him and His infinite sacrifice. I hope to emulate Him in the way I live, and in the person I am. He is everything I need Him to be for me, and though I am often frustrated by how weak my efforts are, I will try forever to be what He needs me to be for Him.

I hereby testify, in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, that the things I have learned of Christ are true. I bear witness of Him, and I know that through Him, I will someday return to the place where I am no longer a stranger or a guest, but a child at home.

Happy Easter!





1 comment:

  1. Great picture choice: Soft, subtle smile like he's watching his children play and laugh together! I like to look at pictures where He smiles at me! It makes me feel warm.

    ReplyDelete