Hey, folks! It's Chrissy. This blog is a selfish one. Meaning, I'm writing it primarily as a way to motivate myself to never stop searching the Gospel and learning new things. However, if anyone would like to drop in and see if they can learn from my insights, you're more than welcome!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blessing #7: A Call from Lord

I have finally received my mission call! It came in the mail last week, and I was so blessed to be able to be in the company of friends and family to open it and read aloud where I was assigned to serve. I had just completed reading the Book of Mormon in its entirety for the 4th time in my life, and the spirit was so present in the lobby of my dorm building as I eagerly opened my call.

Here is the beginning of the letter:

"Dear Sister Grover,

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Spain Madrid Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. 

You should report to the Spain Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 24, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language."

I'm going to Madrid!! I absolutely cannot wait to immerse myself in the Spanish culture and in the Gospel for the next 18 months of my life. And I know that it is all according the Lord's plan that this is what I do in this next stage of my life. As soon as I read where I was called to serve, I immediately knew that it was God's will. I had a sense of peace, excitement, and almost a feeling of familiarity (as though I had always known that I was going to Spain). I am so grateful for how Heavenly Father has prepared me to receive this call, as I have gone through stages of fear, excitement, feelings of inadequacy, fear again, (etc.), until I finally just felt truly worthy and absolutely ready to serve!

This will not be an easy time, however, but I look forward with faith to this year and a half of whole-hearted service. I am so blessed to have the support of all of my friends and family in this journey, and I know that the Lord will be by my side every step of the way!

(One of the General Authorities of the Church, Elder Rasband, talked about how a mission call is made in his talk, The Divine Call of a Missionary, I highly recommend checking it out!)

Here's a picture of the LDS temple in Madrid!





1 comment:

  1. Perfectly said... I have nothing to add!

    btw, just because I've commented on other posts, it doesn't mean those blog entries haven't been perfectly worded as well. I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete